IHB Grant Application Please follow these instructions when filing your application to the Idaho Horse Board.
The Idaho Horse Board will forward time schedule information to all applicants who requested time for a presentation to the Board after all applications have been received. We look forward to receiving your application.
|1. If you download and use the printable PDF form, (click here) please fill out your application and send it to the following address:
Idaho Horse Board
2. If you are using the Grant to make improvements on county or state grounds, please include a letter approving your project from the governing body controlling the grounds.
3. It is MANDATORY that you submit a detailed budget of your project with your grant request. Please list a priority of expenditures in columnar format for easy review. The Board makes every effort to stretch the funds as far as possible to as many qualified grants as possible. To achieve this goal, we have often granted the highest priority listed on the grant application.
4. Your grant application must be postmarked or emailed by 12:00 midnight of December 1st in order to be reviewed by the Board.
5. Grant applications are considered at the end of January during the Board of Directors semi-annual meeting. Presentations are given at this meeting which is held at the Idaho Department of Agriculture, 22700 Penitentiary Road in Boise.
6. If you are selected to receive a grant but your project is not completed by December 1 of the calendar year in which the grant was approved, the Board will request unused funds be returned to the Board.
7. A report must be submitted to the Board by November 1st of the same year funds are granted detailing how the awarded grant money was spent. Please include pictures of your project if you have them.